AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc. (AMA) is actively seeking multiple Senior Data Analysts at our Plano, TX location. Project duration is 6-12 months with possible extensions. Projected hours are 40 per week. Key responsibilities include:
- As a Senior Data Analyst you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
- On any given day you will be challenged on three types of work – Innovation, Data Management and Business Intelligence:
- Use Open Source/Digital technologies to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data sources and platforms
- Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Partner with the business to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
- Drive an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Work collaboratively with appropriate Tech teams to manage security mechanisms and data access governance
- Build and execute tools to monitor and report on data quality
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- Strong SQL programming skills and knowledge of relational databases
- Experience working in Unix environment- shell scripting, job scheduling
- Experience using version control software (GitHub, Sub-version)
- Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments, AWS S3, Hadoop)
Education and Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 year of experience in at least one scripting language (Python preferred)
- At least 3 year of experience in querying and analyzing and working with data languages and platforms
- Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- 1+ years’ experience working BI reporting tools (i.e. Tableau and Business Objects)
- 1+ years of experience working within process management and improvement methodologies – Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- 1+ years of experience working with and demonstrating knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality tools (i.e. Informatica DQ)
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile development methodologies
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.