AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc. (AMA) is actively seeking a motivated Stress Test Data Analyst with prior experience working in the regulatory reporting area (CCAR, Stress testing), specifically in the Mortgage domain. Project duration is 6-12 months with possible extensions. Projected hours are 40 per week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the data analyst team supporting the monthly CCAR Y14M submission
- Implement enhancements to the Y-14M process, as required, due to any of the following: new attribute additions, specification changes, edit check requirement changes, new Portfolio/MSR acquisitions, system integrations, business process changes etc.
- Perform end-to-end data profiling and setup controls for detecting data issues
- Manage defect log and work with both internal and external stakeholders for timely disposition of issues
- Partner with internal stakeholders – Accounting, Enterprise Data Delivery, Business Risk Office, to migrate the process to a production end-state
- Maintain source code repositories, metadata documents, QA and automation tools, and job aids
- Support process audits (both internal and external) with data and required execution evidence – QA artifacts, change logs, etc.
Education and Qualifications
- This is a lead role and requires prior experience of working in a regulatory reporting role, specifically for Y14M/Q/A schedules for home mortgages.
- BS in Computer Science or related IT or Engineering field (Master’s Preferred)
- 6+ years SQL experience (Teradata preferred), must be hands-on with SQL
- 3+ years of experience in data analyst role in Mortgage domain (Default/Servicing area)
- Experience with GIT HUB, subversion, or similar version control software
- Unix experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of at least one analytics programming language – SAS, R, Python, Java, VBA
- Experience with process automation a plus
- Advanced level proficiency with Excel is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.