AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA has an exciting opportunity for a System Administrator to support our rapidly growing Hampton, VA office. The ideal candidate would have experience with Windows, Linux, Database, Enterprise System Management, Security and Network Administration. Role of this person will be as a supporting staff to our Lead System Administrator and Chief Information Officer. The position has the potential for full-time, part-time, or internship work. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installation of new software releases and system upgrades
- Evaluate and install patches and resolves software related problems
- Perform system backups and recover
- Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
The successful applicant must demonstrate skills across a range of technologies, including:
- Windows Server administration - Windows 2012 R2, Commerce Server, hosted Exchange Server, SharePoint server, IIS
- SQL Server administration
- Networking - Basics of setting up LAN and trouble shooting issues- hubs, switches, wireless access points etc. Cisco experience is desired.
- Help desk can include trouble shooting with any of the above systems plus EPABX and telephony system
- Basic scripting / programming knowledge in couple of languages
Education and Qualifications
- BS in Network and System Administration or related field, or related work experience.
- Systems Administration certification in Unix and Microsoft.
- Minimum of 2 years system administration experience.
- Self motivation, ability to problem-solve and attention to detail a must.
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. US citizenship is required for the advertised position.