AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
We would like to add a Journeyman level LabVIEW developer with a diverse and solid background to our on-site team in Hampton, Virginia.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a National Instruments LabVIEWTM software application developer supporting design and development efforts on aerospace projects to produce new avionics and instrumentation systems or equipment. Projects may include lab demonstrations, aero-based instruments, field campaigns, and space flight instruments. Work requires data acquisition, controls, and test operations for various activities including sensor characterization; systems and subsystem integration and test; and data post-processing. The developer will be experienced in software engineering processes including requirements development, configuration and control, test, and software verification. Applications will be used in the development of highly integrated science instruments and supporting equipment and applications will be necessary to assess the performance of development and flight systems for ongoing research and future missions. Newly developed signal processing systems will result in a far-reaching impact in the field of atmospheric science instruments. The work involves analyzing, designing, simulating, testing, and conducting performance validation and verification of data processing and controls applications. Instrumentation systems will be used for detecting, recording, measuring, or controlling physical conditions in actual (flight) and simulated (test facility) environments encountered in aeronautical and aerospace research and development programs. Duties may also include monitoring contractors engaged in this work.
Major Responsibilities as a LabVIEW Developer
- Design and test applications to interface with and operate electronic systems, test and measurement equipment, data converters, and power distribution systems
- Prototype user interfaces to ensure that user operations, application functionality, and performance requirements are all satisfied
- Generates and reviews development and design approaches for adequacy, feasibility, cost, and conformance to overall goals and best engineering practices
- Presents results at project reviews and technical conferences
- Ensures assigned aerospace and/or ground support equipment meet project objectives and environmental conditions and are compatible with ground data acquisition and processing capabilities
- Writes and reviews technical goals and approaches, while monitoring progress during development, design, and testing. Provides advanced technical assistance in development, design, and integration of technologies and systems.
Additional Responsibilities as a Technical Specialist
- Reviews and analyzes existing system designs in order to initiate redesign or modifications to improve operational effectiveness or reparability of hardware
- Supports engineering team efforts related to the study, development, and test of hardware, data system components, or equipment
- Incumbent will support design, development and testing, including upgrades, parts reliability requirements, failure analysis/corrective action investigations, special laboratory tests, performance evaluations, and design audits of in-house and contracted projects. Incumbent will provide senior program management status reports as necessary.
- Performs additional data systems and analysis work as required
- Maintains a broad knowledge of test and measurement application development
- Mid to senior level Engineer (5-10 years, Journeyman Level)
- Experience with full life cycle software development
- Experienced LabVIEW developer (Knowledgeable with the National Instruments LabVIEW software)
Education and Qualifications
- BS degree or higher in Engineering is preferred
- Lots of hands on experience is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. US citizenship is required for the advertised position.