AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA is seeking 2 Drafter Seniors to support the S3/SACOM contract at the NASA Stennis Space Center in Bay St. Louis, MS.
Performs as a Drafter Senior for the NASA Stennis Space Center. Individual must be able to perform the following duties:
- Perform routine, repetitive, and basic tasks where precedent methods and processes are well established along with tasking that is not well established.
- Make decisions on applying standards and assists lower level personnel with guidance
- Requires general supervision with simple instructions for routine work.
- Will be involved in defining detailed instructions for new lines of work or special assignments.
- Perform quality checking of drawings produced by other drafters.
- Make simple decisions, but refers most to more experienced personnel.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment for producing 2-D schematics and 3-D solid models.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, layout, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing-sets which are then checked by an engineer or another Drafter Senior.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery using computer-assisted equipment.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
- Confer with customer representatives to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Layout, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Perform related duties as required
- Able to build complex 3D cad models using Creo Parametric 2.0 or later, and complete a drawing package.
- Plans, draws, and revises part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, notes and discussions with engineers and standard data.
- Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or manual tools.
- Completes layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices or may develop complete major layouts of engineering drawings.
- Within parameters, determines scaling required; inserts necessary reference planes, centering and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning; prepares complete production detail drawings; contributes design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing.
Education and Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study
- Previous drafting and design experience with test complex at Stennis Space Center
- Demonstrated advanced experience and knowledge in Drafting Standards and practices used with test complex at Stennis Space Center
- Proficient in utilizing Creo Parametric 3D Modeling software (2.0 or later) as it applies to the test complex.
Limited to employees covered under the prior TOC CBA.
This is a Public Trust position and is opened to S3 IAM Represented Personnel
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.