AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA is actively seeking a motivated Senior Data Engineer at our Plano, TX location. Project duration is 6-12 months with possible extensions. Projected hours are 40 per week. Ideal candidates would display the following skills:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- You use, or are passionate about learning, Spark, Scala, Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, and Mesos – and anything else that will help you solve big, messy problems
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in C, Java, or Scala
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- At least 2 years of experience building data pipelines
- At least 1 year experience with leading big and fast data technologies like Spark, Scala, Akka, Cassandra, Accumulo, Hbase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, Mesos
- Master's Degree
- Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques
- Familiarity with Agile engineering practices
- 2+ years of experience with Spark, Scala and/or Akka.
- 2+ years of experience with Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink, or other Stream Processing technologies.
- 3+ years experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra, etc. a plus)
- 3+ years experience developing Java based software solutions
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.