AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical/ Structural Analyst Engineer for our Denver, CO location.
The position will be responsible for mechanical design and structural analysis support of advanced aerospace flight vehicles and commercial product development. The analyses range from manned and unmanned aircraft and space vehicles and components to commercial products including lightweight deployable structures and electro-mechanical systems. Work may be at the system or component level and may include test articles and fixturing supporting these vehicles, products and their subsystems. The position will utilize solid modeling and high-fidelity structural analysis tools employing finite element modeling and analysis techniques, as well as handbook computations to complete these tasks. The position will also include systems engineering functions such as requirements development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, and cost, schedule, and risk assessment.
Job duties include:
- Develop and iterate mechanical system design using CAD (Creo, SolidWorks, NX), including structures and mechanisms
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of structures utilizing a range of software platforms including MSC Nastran, MSC Patran, NEi Nastran, and FEMAP
- Develop and apply loads to Finite Element Models (FEMs) (static, dynamics, aerodynamic)
- Develop FEMs of appropriate fidelity to address specific requirements
- Perform engineering hand calculations
- Analyze both metallic and composite structures
- Support static and dynamic structural test with pretest and post-test analyses at assembly and subassembly levels
- Develop test plans and assimilate test data
- Develop reports, presentations and other documentation
- Interact and interface with a range of customers
- Support range of projects including systems engineering and proposal development tasks
To support a growing office, the position will involve responsibilities covering a wide breadth of activities across multiple disciplines. The position requires both breadth and depth in design and analysis of aircraft, spacecraft, components, and test fixtures. The ability to multi-task between simultaneous, unrelated projects is as desirable as years of experience. Candidates with capabilities in office operations, proposal writing, and business development support are preferred.
Education and Qualifications
- Position requires a bachelor's degree in aerospace, aeronautical, structural or mechanical engineering. Advanced degrees are desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable work experience
- Minimum 2 years of stress analysis experience
- Expertise in a range of FEA tools; Abaqus and NASTRAN/FEMAP desired
- Proficiency in other design and analysis tools (e.g. CAD, CFD, Matlab)
- Knowledge of composite analysis and fabrication methods desired
- Ability to interface successfully with customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills required
- Ability to quickly adapt to dynamic work requirements and learn new disciplines
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.