AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA is currently seeking a Microsoft SharePoint Administrator to support our growing Huntsville office. It is a full-time position working onsite at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) in the Huntsville Operation Support Center (HOSC). Work will be performed in a 24x7x365 facility in support of the International Space Station (ISS) and follow-on projects. The successful candidate must be able to work within a small team maintaining weekday coverage between the hours of 6 AM and 6 PM with periodic on-call, weekend, or after hour support, as required. Emphasis for this position will be focused on Microsoft SharePoint and SQL, as well as:
- Adhere to the Agency's Security and Administrative policies and requirements.
- Evaluate, assess, and apply OS and third-party security patches and threat mitigation. Oversee and implement system upgrade strategies.
- Research current system technologies and serve as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
Education, Skills and Experience:
MS/BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science and 8+ years of relevant systems administration experience. Experience designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining the following Microsoft Technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Microsoft SQL 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- Microsoft Clustering
- Windows Server Update Service
- Windows 7/Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- VMWare vSphere, Horizon View
- Metalogix SharePoint Backup
- Metalogix Storage Point
- Metalogix Diagnostic Manager
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 and NetBackup 7.5
Successful candidate will have experience working with Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy; effective verbal and written communication skills; and will have demonstrated experience in:
- Scripting, specifically Powershell
- Performing daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Disaster recovery
Experience working with OMB and NASA Security requirements and systems is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies, VMware vSphere, VMware VDI; MCSE: Server Infrastructure and/or MCSE: SharePoint certification credentials.
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.