AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
We would like to add a motivated and talented Software Developer with a background in Aerospace Engineering to our team in Hampton, Virginia in support of our TEAMS2 contract at NASA Langley Research Center.
We are looking for a motivated and talented software developer to contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of aerospace related software supporting our NASA engineering teams. This role requires working with various computer languages in existing programs as well as development of new software systems. The ideal candidate would work well in a team environment and quickly assimilate existing code. An aerospace background is not required but is highly desirable. The candidate must work well in a highly dynamic team environment supporting varying research goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related fields with 3-5 years industry experience or applicable graduate work
- Strong background in the design, development and maintenance of simulation and analysis systems for aerospace engineering
- Comfortable working with legacy software systems
- Experience with C++ a must
- Experience with C#, VBA, Python, Matlab, Simulink a plus
- Understand of spacecraft design and orbital mechanics a plus
- Experience in full life cycle software development using Agile development
- Experience developing software for Windows
- Strong communications and writing skills
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.