AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA has an opening for a web developer for on-site work at NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, CA to support our ESTRAD contract. Multiple activities require support including:
- Building a Web-based interface for accessing an extensive repository of Orion heatshield data
- Construction of a web-based job ordering/archiving system to improve operations of on-site materials/fabrication labs
- Collection of content and construction of outward facing NASA websites for the customer branches in the Entry Systems Division using Drupal
- Work closely with AMA and NASA engineering staff to architect and implement solutions to needed web-based developments solutions for accessing the local Orion information repository
- Lead effort to engage staff on functionality of solutions (collect requirements).
- Architect (envision, describe and document) solution approach for current problem.
- Implement architected system, providing regular status on progress and identifying issues along to the way for discussion.
- Build limited documentation and help features for implementation as necessary.
- Strong basic knowledge in computer science/computer engineering/web tool design fundamentals
- Motivated individuals who can be available on a part-time/co-op basis preferred.
- Candidate should possess excellent communications skills.
- Applicant should possess a desire to play a significant role in envisioning and then implementing creative web based solutions that facilitate efficiency and data sharing for NASA
- Due to the nature of the data to be handled, only US Citizens or US Permanent Residents will be considered.
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.