AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
We would like to add a Software Engineer with a diverse and solid background in Computer Vision to our on-site team in Hampton, Virginia.
AMA is in need of an Engineer to support NASA with practical knowledge of a wide range of computing and video methods, principles, requirements, and work techniques, including sensor characterization and interfacing, neural networks and/or other pattern classification methods and optimization methods. Familiarity with the physics of electrical discharge and the methods to sense and detect it, and the current methods of geostamping in databases of geographically distributed infrastructure are required.
- Development of the flight software module and other modules in the C programming language.
- Interfacing with both actual hardware and simulated hardware modules.
- Wrapping entire software package and controlling with a dedicated laptop.
- Developing test plans and procedures.
- Conduct testing for validation and verification.
- C++ (in the Eclipse development environment) using the OpenCV image processing library
- Multi-processor and multi-GPU computing are required. Additionally, practical knowledge of a wide range of computing and video methods, principles, requirements, and work techniques, including:
- Sensor characterization and interfacing.
- Neural networks and/or other pattern classification methods.
- Optimization methods, is required.
- Familiarity with the physics of electrical discharge and the methods to sense and detect it.
- Current methods of geostamping in databases of geographically distributed infrastructure are also required.
Education and Qualifications:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Prior coursework in Neuroscience or Psychology on the biological bases of behavior and cognition and a rigorous coursework set in Computer Science (e.g., C++, Simulation Modeling, Database Management Systems, Network Implementation/Admin, Software System Design and Implementation, Theoretical Computer Science, and Parallel Processing) are required.
- Hands on experience is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.