AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA is seeking a Director of Business Operations to oversee, coordinate, and continuously improve business operations and procedures across functions including contracts, human resources, export control, security, and general administration. Candidate should have strong background in government contracts, effective communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with diverse teams extending to finance and executive management. Extensive experience with GSA and FAR is required. The ideal candidate should have strong background in process improvement, an ability to see the big picture, a willingness to be hands-on when needed, and the discipline to dive deep into the details and motivation behind business processes.
- Develop, coordinate, lead, and execute operational plans in the achievement of company goals, including driving compliance to business requirements.
- Ensure customer requirements are consistently understood and met.
- Effectively manage tasks, resources and risks to make timely critical decisions needed to meet overall scope, budget and objectives of the business and company.
- Develop systems and processes that drive predictable consistency in all elements of operational performance.
- Provide leadership and coaching that foster high team morale and effectiveness.
- Drive increased effectiveness and efficiency through corporate initiatives to ensure a high-performance organization.
- Participate cross-functionally in strategic initiatives, planning and policy development.
- Provide accurate, timely and positive interaction with customers and personnel.
- Develop, implement, maintain and improve the internal and external processes of assigned projects.
- Drive tangible and measurable improvements of key operating processes through the leadership, training and mentoring of a team.
- Apply fundamental knowledge of business, subcontract and contract administration to include fixed price, time and material, and cost reimbursable contract types.
- Responsible for the contract administration functions of international and U.S. Government engineering and production contracts; oversee day-to-day activities involved with the administration of multiple prime Government and commercial contracts and grants.
- Support business proposals to ensure compliance with the requirements of the solicitation and company practices.
- Prepare bids, review statements of work and specifications to identify risks, inform management of contractual risks and obligations, and offer solutions to mitigate contractual/program risks.
- Responsible for daily security operations and NISP/NISPOM compliance of facility and personnel.
- Prepare, track and monitor all classified contracts and DD-254 Forms assigned to facility- Investigate, prepare, and submit Security Violations and Incident Reports as required by applicable government directives.
- Prepare facility for required annual audits/vulnerability assessments conducted by various government agencies.
- Act as an Empowered Official with in-depth knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations and Export Compliance and Control.
- Negotiate and seek agency approvals for Technical Assistance Agreements and export licenses. Responsible for oversight of license provisions.
- Train and orient employees in security and export policies and procedures to ensure compliance with government and customer regulations.
- Strong tactical, interpersonal and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to successfully execute and manage to a result.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in a multi-site Engineering and IT services business and experience supporting NASA’s mission as a government contractor.
- Clear understanding of cost principles and working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Experience with contracts covered by Collective Bargaining Agreement or Service Contract Act desirable.
- Familiarity with Export Administration Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Organizational Conflict of Interest and other laws and regulations
- Assertive and able to take charge of a situation when appropriate with the ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
- Fluent, clear and articulate in verbal communication with the ability to convey interest and enthusiasm
- High degree of integrity and trustworthiness
- Customer focused
- Self-starter who sets high expectations for sustained excellence
- Action oriented, positive "can do" attitude, and resourceful
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop associates
- Problem solver
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.