AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
We would like to add a motivated and talented Web Developer to our team in Hampton, Virginia in support both internal and external requirements including multiple NASA contracts.
We are looking for a motivated and talented web developer to contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of multiple web-based systems using a wide range of technologies. The role will require a diverse background in computer science skills focused on interactive web development to support data storage and retrieval, data queries, and data flow management. Candidates must work well in a highly dynamic environment supporting numerous projects and teams.
- Work with AMA personnel and outside customers to gather and document all requirements
- Lead efforts to architect solutions given the requirements
- Implement and test solutions to ensure functionality
- Distribution, installation, and maintenance of the developed systems
- Communicate and document progress and issues that may arise during all phases
- Develop required documentation for usability and sustainability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with focused experience in web development tools
- Strong background in the design, development and maintenance of websites supporting database integration
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows server administration
- Experience with SharePoint highly desirable
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Ability to access to ITAR and sensitive data required
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.