AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA is currently seeking a part-time or full-time Administrative Assistant to support operations in our Denver, CO office. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Advanced Projects, the successful candidate will liaise with the AMA Corporate operations team in Hampton, VA to support all business functions in the Denver office and potentially some business functions in other offices.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day office logistics and planning including office space planning, lease arrangements, furniture and supply procurement, inventory, etc.
- Coordinate Denver office Contract and Subcontract administration with the corporate Contracts department
- Work with the corporate HR department on requisition development, staff planning, interview scheduling, etc.
- Interface with Information Technology (IT) professionals to troubleshoot any IT related issues in Denver office
- Support engineering staff with travel planning, meeting setup, calendar notifications, etc.
- Managed travel expense authorizations and reports
- Manage office purchases and authorizations
- Support engineering staff with technical editing of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents as needed
- Update project budget forecasts and produce financial reports
- Review Denver office employees weekly timecards for accuracy
Education and Qualifications
- Position requires a high school diploma, with a higher degree or track for higher degree preferred; i.e. part-time college students studying related field (e.g. Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance) are encouraged to apply
- Minimum hours are 20 hrs per week
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint)
- Capabilities in advanced Microsoft Excel functions and Visual Basic a significant plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint a plus
- Strong multi-tasking capability is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing/editing
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Experience working for a technical company is desired
- A passion for space systems and NASA programs is highly desired
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.