AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
The Data Scientist is responsible for building the OLAP cubes, designing dimensional models, and analyzing the data. The Data Scientist will apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision-making models. The Data Scientist will identify available and relevant data by collaborating with subject matter experts to select the relevant source data and, using the relevant data, develop innovative and effective approaches to solve analytic problems and then communicate the results and methodologies.
At least six years of relevant experience:
- Detailed knowledge of data modeling and BI/reporting tools
- Detailed knowledge of OLAP cube design
- Strong programming skills
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- In-depth industry/business knowledge
- Experience training and leading teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and best practices regarding large-scale and enterprise-level projects
- Knowledge of higher education regulations and requirements
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in mathematics, statistics, or computer science.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.