AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
Seeking a Technical Writer, with an Engineering background, to support an independent NASA Agency-wide organization residing at the NASA Langley Research Center; the NASA Engineering and Safety Center (NESC). This position focuses on engineering excellence for all 10 NASA Centers. The NESC mission is to perform value-added independent testing, analysis, and assessments of NASA's high-risk projects to ensure safety and mission success. The organization engages proactively to help NASA and private sectors to avoid future problems/anomalies. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and dynamic individual who is passionate about writing, can work in a team environment, and can multi-task a wide variety of projects.
The organization engages proactively to help NASA and private sectors to avoid future problems/anomalies. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and dynamic individual who is passionate about writing, to work in a team environment and accomplish a wide variety of projects. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, AMA is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Candidate will be responsible for interfacing with individual teams and should possess strong multi-tasking skills to meet demanding deadlines. Must be able to understand management direction to generate deliverables in a time-required environment, and prepare, review, and write technical reports and presentations dealing with advanced subject matter.
- A minimum of 5 years, 10 to 15 years preferred, of experience in writing highly technical and complex engineering project content in a format that is clear and understandable for the intended audience.
- Experience working within a NASA and/or large Government DoD environment is also desired.
- Familiarity with Government Export Control regulations to include documentation restrictions such as International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU), Export Administration Regulation (EAR), and Limited Rights is a plus.
- The candidate will work independently and use technical input and guidance from subject matter experts (e.g., aerospace engineers) as well as input from team lead in generating the documents.
- The candidate should apply their engineering experience and advanced knowledge in writing to analyze, interpret, and integrate technical information in a standardized format. Prior publications and written technical reports are a plus.
- Excels in creative thinking and problem solving and looks for ways to innovate and improve the presentation of work. Maximizes fullest capability using Microsoft Office applications to generate a solid, descriptive, and technically-sound report. Writes and speaks precisely and effectively. Capable of making sound decisions and following through on decision-making. Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to gain cooperation and work effectively with others.
- Travel may be required.
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.