AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
We would like to add a Computer Programmer/Analyst with a diverse and solid background to our team in Hampton, Virginia.
This role requires a talented computer programmer/analyst with a diverse range of experience to contribute to the design and implementation of innovative web, data analysis, visualization, mobile, and public outreach applications. The ideal candidate would work well in a team environment and pick up new computing technologies quickly.
- Web application and experience with MVC framework
- Python development experience, and strong programming skills
- BS or higher degree in a computer related field
- 2+ years of work experience is preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Profound acquaintance to MVC framework
- Unix-based server operation and maintenance skills
- High Performance Computing (HPC) skills / background are a plus
- Satellite / GIS work is a plus
- Strong relational database skills are a plus
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.