AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, a short/long term disability plan, medical, dental, vision insurance and annual bonuses. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA is seeking a summer engineering intern for the Huntsville, AL office located near NASA Marshall Spaceflight Center (MSFC). The successful applicant would be an energetic, self-motivated engineering student working towards a degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering or a related field. The candidate should have interests and/or experience in mechanical design, propulsion systems, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and other aerospace related areas. Support will include a wide spectrum of engineering projects with a focus on Systems Engineering and Mechanical Design.
- Support an engineering team to design, manufacture, and assemble prototype hardware.
- Interface with a range of engineers, managers, and customers to execute project-related tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support potential additional wide-ranging projects occurring within AMA.
- Ability to work 20-40 hours per week during the summer.
Education and Qualifications:
- Working toward a BS/MS in aerospace or mechanical engineering, materials science, or a related field. Students having completed at least their undergraduate junior year are preferred.
- Coursework in space systems design, flight dynamics, engineering drafting, jet and rocket propulsion, thermodynamics and heat transfer are desirable.
- Candidates with entry-level experience in one or more of the following areas are highly desirable: space systems design, propulsion systems, mechanical design, manufacturing and assembly.
- ?Proficient in mechanical design with SolidWorks ??or similar CAD software?.???
- Proficient in preparing documents and presentations with Microsoft Office.
- ?Strong data analysis/problem solving skills?????.???
- Able to work effectively with limited direct supervision.
- ?Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship is required for the advertised position.