AMA is always looking for intelligent motivated individuals, if you are interested in pursuing a career with AMA in an area not currently advertised please submit your resume to: Careers
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Hancock County, MS. We offer a competitive salary, along with medical and retirement benefits. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
We would like to add an IT PROJECT MANAGER to our Dallas team. Project duration is 6-12 months with possible extensions. Projected hours are 40 per week.
AMA is actively seeking a motivated IT PROJECT MANAGER to lead data management, analysis, and reporting projects associated with AMA's Business Analytics (BA) unit and associated customers. This position supports our Plano, TX office. Specific areas of support will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading data management projects such as operational database design and implementation, legacy system complexity reduction, ETL, metadata modeling, business intelligence/reporting, integrated data management gap analysis/risk remediation.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility and developing proposals.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Education and Qualifications
Candidates should possess a minimum of a B.S. in an analytical field (math, computer science, engineering), or equivalent with 5-10 years of professional experience in the IT field. Experience should include:
- Familiarity with Cloud and big data migrations
- Enterprise data systems (Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Enterprise applications and reporting (SAS, Cognos, Business Objects, etc)
- Web-based architectures
- Project management experience
Since responsibilities associated with this position will emphasize interaction with customer leaders, strong communication skills are required.
AMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.